This tooth of truth

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

It's been a while. I'm well into the 10-week internship; in fact, I only have 3.5 weeks left. It's interesting and challenging, but only because my ideas about corporate life and my perfectionism are challenging me. The work itself itsn't really stretching my bounds or capabilities. I am being challenged because there is a main project I have been assigned that basically will not get done by anyone in the department, let alone an intern. The last iteration of this project took a seasoned employee 7 months to put together, and they gave the next generation to an intern with only 8 weeks to go. Needless to say I am not making satisfactory progress which is really hard for me to do. I feel like it is a reflection on my work ethic or my abilities, when I know that it is just beyond the scope of an internship.

Aside from that, other things are brewing, too. Missy and Tonya talked about Tonya moving out when she graduates. I'll believe it when I see it, but I think the conversation in itself is a huge step. I really think things in our relationship will change somewhat dramatically if Tonya were to move out. Regardless of whether or not I buy into the mortgage at this house or if Missy and I buy a new house (which may be ideal, but somewhat unreasonable to expect) things will hopefully be different around here for me. Even though it's 3 years since I've been living here, I still don't really feel like it's my home. That's too long of a time to live somewhere you can't call home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home